Steve joined the Complete Athletic Performance Team as the Running and Endurance Specialty Coach in 2016.
For the past 24 years, Steve has been dedicated to help guide runners, cyclists, triathletes, and now cross-fitters to achieve their fullest potential through sport-specific strength and endurance training, while maintaining efficiency at a well-balanced volume.
Through his own individual experiences, passion, training and acquired certifications, Steve has developed a deep, cognitive understanding of how to maximize ones’ endurance based on their personal ability and visualized goals. While focusing on decreasing energy expenditure and increasing endurance, Steve has been handpicked to ensure our athletes are training intelligently and effectively.
Steve is continuously looking for ways to build upon his specialized programming to improve the results for each individual athlete. With a bachelor’s degree in sports medicine and physical education from Norwich University, Steve continues to take college courses and attend workshops to improve himself as a coach and mentor.
• Athletic trainer
• Triathlon Level 2 Coach
• Cycling Level 1
• Nordic Ski Coach
• Olympic Weightlifting
• Athletic Conditioning
• K-12 Physical Education Teacher 30 years
• 2011 Crossfit Games Athlete – Finished 16th in the Masters Division(50-54)
• Top 20 in the 2014 Crossfit Open in the Masters Division (50-54)
– Multiple wins in Crossfit Masters events around New England
• Multiple running events – With a marathon best time of 2:36 and 50K trail races
• Triathlon Competitor (12 Iron Man distance races, including four in Kona)
– Multiple top 10 nationally ranked masters triathlete
• Flatwater Marathon Canoe Racing (amateur and professional circuit)
• Cycling/Mountain Biking National level
• Nordic Ski Marathons- National circuit